Sunday 12 November 2017

Visit to Leeds Art Gallery and Museum

Today I visited the Leeds Art Gallery and the Museum. I thought this visit was helpful in terms of inspiring my future work and for discovering new artists that interest me, this visit was in good timing as I also start a new brief next week. I also love visiting art galleries in general.

I thought that the Art gallery was extremely fun and interesting as in included art work by many different artists and styles of working; abstract, rubbings, paintings, modern and traditional, film, sculptures and more. It was also great to see the work of artists that I have researched into and been influenced by in my work in the past; Fiona Rae and Tony Cragg.

Photographs from the Art Gallery:














However, I did not find the Museum as interesting as the Art gallery as it was more of a general history museum that seemed to be designed to mainly educate younger ages. I can see how it could be useful to re-visit it in the future if my work relates to any of the exhibitions there; ancient Egypt, Asian art (fashion, culture etc), animals, the history of leeds etc.










No comments:

Post a Comment