Thursday 23 November 2017

Creating the stickers

As me and Brylle have created and finished the final ticket designs, I have had time to create another interactive element for the Overlay Film Festival. I had a list of ideas for things I could create; badges/pins, cups, goody bags and stickers, I chose to create stickers.

The design for the stickers was originally going to be used as the 2 in 1 ticket and coaster design for the coaster, however I felt that it would work better as a sticker because of the illustrative aesthetic of it. Also, the ticket design sticks to the original colour palette of yellow, red and orange, however for the sticker design I chose to explore more colours (rainbow and contrasts) for a more playful effect.

The design is based on the idea of repetition and repeated pattern created through using the original logo design of the overlaid square and circle. I have also added an offset outline to the design to create a hand drawn aesthetic.



The stickers will be used as extra interactive merchandise and as freebies for the students when entering the Film Festival to take home and use. The stickers can also be stuck onto the other elements that we have created in order to have another clear link of everything throughout; on the popcorn bags, tickets and the lanyards. They are also great for a way of advertising the Film Festival as they include the logo design.


Creating stickers was also a good experience for me as I have never created stickers before. I will now feel confident creating and printing sticker designs without too much help in the future, I found the process extremely fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment