Tuesday 21 November 2017

Logo design ideas

When experimenting with logo ideas for the Film Festival, I decided to experiment with shape as well as type. I stuck with the idea of using the square and circle but combined them both using overlaying techniques to communicate the title of the Film Festival; 'Overlay'.

I played around with overlaying them in different ways; fitting the shapes within each other, repeated pattern, symmetry, 2 circles 1 square, just circles, just squares etc. I experimented with black and white ideas to start with and then added colour; I chose bold and contrasting colours as they are most appropriate for the quirky, energetic aesthetic of the festival.

I didn't experiment with type as much, as I wanted to keep the logo as abstract and minimal as possible, however I still think the type experiments also worked well. I played with the idea of overlapping the two words 'Over' and 'Lay' in two different colours so when they overlap they create a new colour.

My favourite design is the one of the circle half way overlapped onto the square (second and third row of the first image) as it is sleek and abstract at the same time. I also like the way a third colour is created when overlapping the original colours of the square and circle. It works well in black and white as well as colour which I think is important when creating a logo. I will now discuss my ideas with my group tomorrow as well as looking at what they have come up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment