Wednesday 13 March 2019

Summer Placement

I recently contacted John Watters about help finding a placement or internship over summer in Leeds. I think it would be extremely useful and exciting to gain some more Graphic Design experience over summer as it will help me with moving forward into Level 6, as well as my design practice in general. In a previous session with John he had mentioned that he would be happy to help us look for placements and to just email him.

When I met up with John he mentioned to research into these people and show that I have done this through the initial email that I sent, he also mentioned to not ask for a placement straight away, but to just ask if I could go and look around and see what they get up to first- this means I can also see if I would like to work for them and in their studio, as obviously you can't really get a real feel for this through email and online research.

Additionally, when I met John he asked me what type of work I was looking for- I mentioned that I was open to anything available that was related to branding, marketing, design for screen or print or with designers/studios that have quite a vibrant and experimental approach to their design practice.

Initial email to John

The list of designers/studios that he emailed over to research and contact: 



I gathered some initial research on the designers and visited their websites and social media to gain some insight on the type of work that they create. The design studios that interested me the most out of the list are Robot Food (Stephanie Oglesby), OurCreative (Laura Taylor), Elmwood Design (Charlotte Alcock) and Hungry Sandwich Club (Andy Foster)

Robot Food:



OurCreative:



Elmwood Design:



Hungry Sandwich Club:


No comments:

Post a Comment