Sunday 17 March 2019

Summer Placement Emails

I have now started to email the design studios that I am intrigued by and would enjoy working within over summer if I got the chance. It is important in the emails that I show that I have research into them and their approaches to design and why it interests me so much.

In the email I should avoid asking for work/a placement straight away, but to just ask if I could go and look around and see what they get up to first- this means I can also see if I would like to work for them in the future in their studio. I also think it would be really beneficial in general if they give me the chance to go and look around their studio, as I also plan on working in a Studio with a big team after graduating instead of free lancing. I would enjoy being somewhere with a loads going on as it is more exciting and also means that I'd learn a lot more, whereas if I were to work freelance I feel that I wouldn't be exploring and experimenting as much.

Additionally, if I don't get responses from these designers/studios I will also contact the other people that John Watters suggested.




No comments:

Post a Comment