Monday 4 March 2019

Creative Report- My Response (Outro)

Additionally, throughout my creative report it was important that I include my own personal response to the interviews and reflect on what I have learnt from each designer. I have wrote about how each designer has inspired me and the advice that I will be taking forward from them.

Outro:

The responses that I received from Alexis Jesup, Benjamin Craven and Claudia Chanhoi were extremely inspirational and interesting as I was able to gain insight on each designers’ unique creative journey.

The advice that each designer gave me on moving forward within my own creative journey was extremely useful. The advice that I was given has inspired me to take all of the creative opportunities that may come my way in the future, even if every opportunity isn‘t permanent- everything along the journey will count towards my practice and will help me develop and learn more as a designer.

Furthermore, each interview has inspired me in a different way. The interview with Alexis Jesup has inspired me to not be afraid of evolving my usual design practice into something completely different as all of the experimentation along the way will help me to refine my unique style. Alexis has also inspired me to not be afraid of trying new things and reaching out to people, as I will never know until I try.

The interview with Benjamin was inspiring to me as he mentions that I should just create work that I find interesting and have fun whilst doing so without thinking too deep into it. I loved this piece of advice as I often find myself thinking too much into the design or something instead of just getting stuck in and gathering ideas that way. Benjamin also inspired me to take inspiration from my surroundings.

Lastly, the interview with Claudia has inspired me to find my passion and make sure I love it enough to work hard on it, even it's not paid. It is important to not quit as the creative journey can be a long process to get somewhere, but it will happen eventually. Claudia has also taught me that using my own personal experiences within my design practice can be important.

I found interviewing a range of different designers was useful as I was able to gain insight on how each designer approaches design differently, however I also found that the designers often mentioned similar things which was interesting to see. I will be taking forward this advice and applying it to my own design practice in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment