Saturday 27 January 2018

ItsNiceThat Monthly Brief Inspiration

Whilst scrolling through Instagram today, I came across a post from ItsNiceThat about the Monthly Brief that was set for January; "Make a sculpture using only objects on your desk" the Monthly Brief best picks were chosen by Michelle Maguire.

'Each month we’re inviting creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That' before seeing the post, I didn't know that ItsNiceThat set monthly briefs, this has encouraged me to regularly check what briefs they set each month to keep myself inspired and to discover new ways of working.

I found this brief really interesting, in terms of how composition played a huge role in how the photographs and sets looked. I also found it interesting how you can tell what someones personality/hobbies may be purely by objects that they had on their desks; prawns, paperclips, rocks, balloons, chattering teeth, flowers etc. I want to get more into researching set designs when taking photographs of objects or photographs in general, as I really enjoyed looking at these pieces.

“These sculptures, I think, best evoke the spirit of the brief. They feature precarious balancing acts and a bit of tension, are a tad oddball, have eye-pleasing palettes, and combine visually rewarding objects. Nicely done.” – Michelle.

These are three of my favourite picks out of Michelle's picks; 
1. @iamblueiampink
2. @intercombrandstudio
3. @candy_hutton




No comments:

Post a Comment