Wednesday 24 January 2018

Big Active Research

From the list of my 5 favourite designers/design companies that i'd love to work for, I have begun to research more into one of the design consultancies that I listed; Big Active. When creating my self branding work, it is important to find out why these designers do what they do, what inspires them and what they look for in a candidate.

I found an interesting article where Gerard Saint from Big Active answers questions that they are frequently asked when Big Active is looking for 'The Ideal Candidate'. Gerard Saint is a creative director at Big Active.


From the article, one of the most important thing that I learnt was that when people are first starting out, they care more about enthusiasm than experience; 'I'd always say that enthusiasm without experience is better than experience without enthusiasm' its important to come across as passionate about what you want to achieve! I believe theres no point in doing something that doesn't excite you.

Throughout the article, Gerard also mentions how its important to have a life outside of the design; its important to bring the energy from outside and the things you do for fun, into the studio environment to keep it fun, new and entertaining always.

He also mentions how its important to be yourself; 'I think that there's nothing to be gained from being too cool for school or full of shit—just be enthusiastic, honest and be yourself' I strongly agree with this, you can't pretend to be something that you're not, its important to stay true to you because thats what'll make your happy in the work place; this will reflect on the success of your design work too.

Some of the work/artists that they represent; (I love it all!)



No comments:

Post a Comment