Thursday 25 January 2018

Presentation Critique

Today I presented my short self branding presentation in a small group critique. The presentation consisted of the name/title, pay off, description, inspiration, where I'd like to work, who I'd like to work for and initial ideas. I found the critique really helpful and relaxed as I was just able to talk through my ideas briefly and listen to what Penny thought worked well and what needs improving;

  • Add more of the personality flavour from the pay off into the description; go into more depth with it
  • Try and make the first slides more visual (the mind maps etc) e.g. where it says things that I love; for makeup I could show images of makeup artists that really interest me, for partying I could show photographs from me on nights out with my friends, for summer I could show photographs that I took at festivals last summer. Just be visual with everything, its more interesting
  • Where I have listed the brands that Hattie Stewart has worked for, show the work!
  • Narrow down the mind map ideas to make it more punchy and fresh
  • Could add/create gifs or videos into the presentation to as an extra bit of flavour
  • The name works well (Lavi) - the idea of using my nickname because thats what my friends call me, makes it snappy and personal
  • The visual photographs work well with the explanations I said, e.g. the photographs of what I'd what my workplace to look like
  • Good quote used from Big Active; 'one thing I'd always say is that enthusiasm without experience is better than experience without enthusiasm'
  • The article/interview research that I did is really good (interviews of the designers I'd like to work for); seeing what these certain employers look for in a candidate in the real world
  • I could show the style of designs that I like compared to designs I really don't like
A slide that worked well:


A slide to improve (showcase the information more visually with photographs and inspiration):



No comments:

Post a Comment