Wednesday 24 January 2018

Presentation Ideas

I am going to present my initial ideas for my self branding tomorrow in a short 5 minute critique in a group of 8. It is important that I get my aesthetic, aims and ideas across clearly throughout this presentation, this includes; the initial sketch ideas/brain storms to do with my personality characteristics, a title, a pay off, a description, who i'm trying to communicate with/who inspires me, where I'd like to work and why.

I started by brainstorming ideas for a title;

  • My first thought was to use my first name 'Laveeza' as it is snappy, professional and easy, also because my name is very unique as I have never met anyone with the same name as me. 
  • Also, since my name is very original and different, people often name puns that relate to it; my favourite being 'Living Laveeza Loca' (relating to the song livin la vida loca) this idea is fun and quirky. 
  • However, in the end I decided to go with 'Lavi' (my nickname) I think using my nickname instead of my full name makes it more personal, its also what my close friends and family call me.


For the title slide 'Lavi' I chose to cut out letters to spell it instead of using a pre-made typeface as I love the art of collage; this shows my work aesthetic straight from the first slide.

For my tagline, I stuck with the idea of keeping it personal; getting my personality across while at the same time keeping it snappy; 'The girliest girl you’ll ever meet, lover of Hattie Stewart and cats and always up trying new things and having fun within the work I create' However, i'm not sure if its formal enough so I'll ask for opinions in the critique tomorrow.

For my description, I am going to speak about how I am eager to learn and meet new people as my dream would be to work in a big team where I am constantly learning and sharing ideas and inspiration with others. I will also mention that I like design work that consists of a lot of energy and excitement.

Furthermore, it is also important for me to summarise the type of environment that I'd love to work in; is it a studio with a big team or do I want to work in a little studio independently?




  • I want to work in a big design agency; e.g. Big Active
  • Big team; constantly inspired, bringing in new ideas and sharing
  • Enthusiasm 
  • Sociable place
  • Bright, colourful, funky!
  • Youthful
  • Exciting by the moment you walk in

No comments:

Post a Comment