Monday 22 January 2018

Mr Bingo Lecture

Today as a group we watched a half an hour lecture by the illustrator Mr Bingo, this allowed me to see what makes a presentation fun and entertaining; it didn't feel like I was watching a typical, serious lecture. As well as illustrating, Mr Bingo also raps about himself and his work through humour; he gets his aims and personality across in a short rap video in a quirky, non-serious way.

Throughout the lecture he talks about how he's never satisfied with the work he creates, but this is a good thing, he'd never want to be just 'satisfied' with his work as thats not fun? he likes being able to change and create constantly. I also found it interesting that he interacts with people personally through his work; he does this through sending funny hate mail to random people (although this many not be humorous to them people). He started by sending the mail to random people, but then people began to pay him to send them hate mail as it was so funny and successful. I like that he made something so big out of just a bit of fun.

I really enjoy his style of working as it is so unique; the immaturity through humour is what has made him so successful, I think sometimes as designers we are afraid to experiment with this type of thing, I like how much he expresses himself. Furthermore, I also love the aesthetic of his illustrations; simple line/tone drawing, often just black pen on white paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment