Monday 5 February 2018

Improving Presentation

This week I am going to present my final self branding presentation to my critique group of around 15. However, before I do that I need to make a lot of tweaks and adjustments to my presentation to make sure that it communicates everything that I am trying to say professionally and smoothly throughout.

I have made a list of things to consider and change throughout my presentation;

  • Show the music that I'm into; I feel that a persons music taste can say a lot about them as a person and what they're into
  • Plan each day- I only have 4 days!
  • What do I enjoy?
  • Whats my mission?
  • Why do I get up in the morning?
  • Watch some presentations by famous graphic designers; how do they go about presenting? is it more visual or physical etc
  • Practise what I'm going to say; I'm not the best at presenting my ideas so I feel that regularly going through it and practising will help me achieve the best result on the day
  • Make some illustrations! I'll really enjoy this
  • Handwrite some of the titles for the slides to stick with the handmade aesthetic where I have used collage
  • Make some stickers as a little fun element? maybe stickers that the audience can colour in? 
In the studio today we also watched a few video clips by Casey Neistat; American YouTube personality, filmmaker, vlogger, and co-founder of multimedia company Beme. My favourite video that we watched of his was where he used all of the money for a Nike advert to travel the world till all the money ran out; it took him 10 days. It was the world’s most expensive video travel journal. I loved the idea of actually getting up and doing something amazing will all that money, instead of just making a traditional ad. 

“My vision for it was forget about what Nike is, forget about sneakers, forget everything; what does ‘make it count’ mean to me?” - Neistat

No comments:

Post a Comment