Monday 22 January 2018

Studio Brief 3: Self Branding

Studio Brief 3; To design, develop and produce self branding that effectively communicates and promotes me as individual, designer and learner. To inform my design decisions, I should reflect upon my learning aspirations and design direction.

My first initial thoughts about the brief were that it sounds like a really fun and exciting project to work on, while at the same time a little bit challenging. I think it's quite challenging as its hard to brand yourself as a person, as you never really think about what you're like in terms of how you come across to others. 

In order to make the task of generating initial ideas easier, in groups of 4 we brain stormed a bunch of ideas together that we associate with each other. We did this in 2 different groups of 4; the first group was with close friends that we already knew really well, and the second group was with people that we don't often speak to.

The brainstorm that was generated by my close friends;


The brainstorm that was generated by people I don't usually speak to;


I found that the brain storm that was created by my close friends was a lot more personal, humorous and accurate to what I am like as a person. On the other hand, the brain storm created by people that I don't usually speak to was more based on peoples first impressions of me; dress sense, makeup etc.

I then made a list of a few points/ideas that I want to develop and take forward with me from the two brainstorms;

1. Really extra makeup/nice makeup/get up early to do full face of makeup every morning
2. Love sesh/getting drunk and partying
3. Would be a cat if I had to be an animal, I love cats
4. Always on edge/stressed out about something
5. Always getting lost on a night out

From this list, I have begun to come up with some ideas of how I could use these personality characteristics within my self branding: 






No comments:

Post a Comment