Thursday 20 June 2019

Further Developed Logo and Business Card (Season Yorkshire)

After sending through the developed logo designs for Season Yorkshire, Arooj got back to me with what else she'd like developing and which designs they both liked the most. Overall, they seemed happy with the designs which was great. Arooj emailed back with a few things she'd like me to develop further and experiment with.

However, I didn't really know what she meant by some of the things she mentioned, so we arranged to have a phone call so that we can properly chat and go over things which was a lot more useful in understanding exactly what they'd like me to do next

The email in response to first developed logo designs


My reply


Throughout the phone call, I made a list of things to consider and develop further for the logo. Arooj also mentioned business cards, which I am excited to design as well and it'd be great to have also designed the Season Yorkshire business cards.

Notes made from phone call/to do list:

  • Continue to look at other spice brands for inspiration/competition (Dishoom, Bundobust, @spicebox)
  • Change the square to a rectangle, see if it looks better
  • Experiment with the 'A' in 'Season' to look like a dome, relating to the spice culture and middle eastern aesthetic they want
  • Start to add colour?
  • Incorporate certain areas of Aroojs print into the logo/business card designs
  • Create some business card designs
Furthermore, Arooj sent through some images of specific areas from her print that she'd like incorporated into the logo if possible. She also sent me through some sketches of logo ideas which I found really helpful.



 



Inspiration for the 'A' in 'Season' from middle eastern/moroccan buildings:



Developed logos:


Furthermore, the business cards must have the key information about the brand (the instagram and twitter handle, the email address and the online shop. The business card also needs the logo on them somewhere obviously. 

For the double sided business card, I experimented with designing one side purely pattern based inspired by the print which links with the logo, I also tried versions with just the logo on one side, the logo on the same side as the information and separate.


Portrait

Furthermore, I have sent through all of the developed logo designs and business card designs to Arooj so that she can let me know which ones she'd like to choose or develop further so that I can start adding colour to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment