Thursday 13 June 2019

Cohorted Placement Day 1

Today was my first day at placement with Cohorted. I found the day really fun as the studio had a great environment as everyone was really friendly and happy to answer any questions I had regarding the tasks that I was working on or general questions about the company and my placement with them. I also enjoyed working on the small tasks I was set later in the day.

The day started with Anthony (head of Graphic Design, same person that interviewed me) adding me to all of the company sites and emails as a new intern employee. After that he spoke through each platform that the company uses to stay up to date on tasks and other important information.

Later throughout the day I was set some small tasks to get me started, this involved creating promotional collateral material for up coming beauty boxes and products that Cohorted are selling for other brands.

Today I worked on the sneak peek material that will be coming out in September for October's 'sneak peek' product. Anthony explained that at Cohorted the Graphic Design collateral material for upcoming months is created a few months in advance as there is so much that goes into it and a lot needs to be created, which definitely makes sense. Deadlines are also set so that everything is ready for when it needs to go out by. Each piece of promotional Graphic Design usually has a template which is used every month, which helps to give the branding an overall consistency and professionalism. The information, gifs, logo and additional imagery is changed for each month/beauty box collection to be appropriate to the product/products that are being sold.

Overall, I really enjoyed my first day and am looking forward to learning and creating more throughout the next couple of months. I also found working in a Studio with a team to be fun like I expected, as I've always imaged myself in a big studio team. However, this was only my first day so things could change but I'm really looking forward to learning and designing more work for Cohorted. My placement days were also changed to Tuesdays and Wednesdays as there is more staff to assist me on these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment