Friday 12 April 2019

Scottish National Gallery Of Modern Art

Today I visited the Scottish National Gallery Of Modern Art, this was my first time visiting the gallery which made it more exciting, it was also my first time in Edinburgh. This trip was enjoyable and useful for keeping myself inspired while at the same time hoping to discover some new artists that can be referenced in future work if appropriate. I was also on the look out for art that related to work that I am currently working on so that I can reference it and use it as research.

The gallery consisted of work by famous artists which include Andy Warhol, Eduardo Paolozzi, Josef Albers and Roy Lichtenstein. The gallery consists of two parts (Gallery 1 and 2). I really enjoyed seeing the 'I want to be a machine' exhibition by Warhol and Paolozzi as I have always loved their work since I have a huge passion for pop art and general bold, striking design. This exhibition examines Warhol’s and Paolozzi’s work, showing how they captured images from photography and advertisements. Warhol traced his images while Paolozzi used collage, until they both turned to screenprinting in the early 1960s to transform photographs into prints.

However, there was a lot of work by artists that i'd never heard of, these pieces were also really intriguing. Throughout the day I photographed the work that I found most interesting and relevant to my design practice for future references.

Gallery 2:










Second gallery 1:







No comments:

Post a Comment