Tuesday 30 April 2019

Summer Placement Interview Preparation

Tomorrow I have an interview for a Graphic Design placement in Leeds, the placement would be 16 hours per week and would last for 1-6 months. I found the opportunity on LinkedIn when looking for placements over summer. I think it is important that I gain some experience in working in a professional Graphic Design team when moving forward into Level 6 and before graduating as a lot of Graphic Design studio jobs require you to have previous experience. This would also be great for developing my portfolio.


Details about the placement:



Furthermore, I have also researched into them as a brand and what their aims are. I did this through looking into their website https://www.cohorted.co.uk/ and their Instagram account @cohorted.

Cohorted Website

Cohorted Instagram

Furthermore, I had a little chat with Dom today in which I asked her for any advice and tips that she could give me for my interview tomorrow as I want to be as prepared as possible.

Tips from Dom/things to consider:
  • She mentioned that I should make a PDF of 5/6 slides of previous projects that I have worked on so, this means that I wouldn't be faffing around trying to find my work on my phone if they asked to see some examples. This would also be easier and more professional than taking a physical folder of work too
  • Be yourself
  • Communicate who I am as a designer, what I'm into and why I'd be right for them. I should mention that fact that I have a high interest in makeup and skincare in general so I'd really enjoy working for them. Look back at PPP presentation for OUGD502 SB3
  • Could mention the fact that I really enjoy the sleek, feminine, clean aesthetic of their branding and packaging already- my COP project for Level 5 highly relates to this as I re-branded a makeup brand for my practical work, it was one of my favourite projects through Level 5.
  • Even if they don't ask to see my work, I could say I can show you some of my work if you like

No comments:

Post a Comment