Friday 18 January 2019

Further Contacting and Responses

Since the designers that I originally emailed didn't reply, I decided to send an Instagram DM to the same artists with a shorter message, incase they just hadn't seen the email or if it went into the spam folder for example. However, I still got no response from them a week later, so I decided to write a new message to some other artists and designers that have interested me for some time.

So far I have had 3 replies which I am really happy about considering I had no luck with the first designers I contacted. I sent them the DM off of my design account rather than my personal account, so that they could see the type of work I like to create. I also used their name at the start of the DM for a more friendly approach.

Old DM, that I sent to the designers that
I had already emailed

New, improved DM that I sent to new designers

I am so pleased with the responses that I got from the 3 designers that I contacted, they were all extremely friendly and their responses were fast which was really helpful. I am looking forward to receiving their responses to my questions.

The 3 designers that replied were @colorscollective, @hackettillustration and @hanna.k.l. I have had an interest in their work for a long time, all of them also have a different work aesthetic which I really enjoy- some of them focus more on illustration, art direction, photography etc, which is useful to find out more about through them because the creative industry is so wide and I feel that Graphic design is so unrestricted which I love.

The responses and questions that I sent over:

@colorscollective / Alexis Jesup:



@hackettillustration / Phil Hackett:



@hanna.k.l / Hanna Kastl-Lungberg:



No comments:

Post a Comment