Monday 9 October 2017

Finding letter forms in Leeds

I was set the brief to explore Leeds and find interesting letter forms and typography. We were to find typography that was urban and found rather than typography of chain brands e.g. Topshop. I thoroughly enjoyed this task as I love to photograph things that I find interesting, I also found humour in a lot of the images that I took. 

This task was set with the intention of me choosing my 2 favourite images to publish onto Typesetting.co.uk. 





The last 2 photographs are the ones that I have chosen to publish. I chose to publish these two images as I think that they are both very unusual but quirky at the same time; not something you would see everyday on the high street, both were found down small isolated alley ways. I love the first photograph as I have a huge love for graffiti and street art, I also chose it because of the term that is used 'blud' (meaning friend). I found the second piece interesting as it suggests that using technology (an android phone) may make you paranoid; on social media everyone has access to see what you are doing, who you're friends with, etc. I feel that both photographs represent Leeds in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment