Thursday 9 May 2019

Cohorted- Summer Placement Update

Today I received the news that I was successful at the interview for a summer placement working in the Graphic Design team at Cohorted. I am really happy about this as I feel that this will be a great experience and will help my design practice develop as well as looking good on my portfolio.

I also have a huge interest in beauty and skincare which is what the brand Cohorted focus on, particularly the packaging of the beauty boxes, promoting and advertising products and  design for screen elements for their social media. Since I already have an interest in all of this, this placement is really suitable for me in general and as a designer.

It also means that when applying for Graphic Design jobs after graduating, I will have experience of working in a Graphic Design team/studio as this is a requirement for a lot of Graphic Design graduate jobs.

I am extremely excited to start as I have always imagined myself to be in a Graphic design team in the future rather than just freelance. I would enjoy working within a team as it is a lot more fun, upbeat and I feel that I would learn a lot more than if I just worked for myself freelancing. Working in a design team means that I would constantly be inspired and active as it means that ideas can be shared and collaboration plays a huge part in this.




After this email, Anthony rung me and discussed the arrangements for the placement. The placement would start in the second week of June and would be two days a week (Thursday and Friday) from 10am till 6pm.

He also informed me that I will need to fill in some forms before starting the placement- the first form being the placement agreement and the second for staff details.

No comments:

Post a Comment